There's no shortage of dating advice on the Internet. How do I know this? I've created a Google alert that sends me links to new stories that contain the terms "dating advice."
Consequently, I get multiple links every day to stories that offer dating advice that ranges from Dating Over 50 tips to Dating After Divorce advice.
But the quality of the advice leaves much to be desired, so today I decided to go to a source that I trust--myself. This advice comes from Confessions of a Middle-Aged Babe Magnet by Chad Stone.
Babe Magnet Rule #87
Be a gentleman. There are so few gentlemen left in the world these days, and being one is a great way to set yourself apart from all of the jerks that women have been dating.
The world doesn’t need any more a**holes. There are enough male jerks and narcissists in the world. Take a vow right now to be a gentleman. Treat women with the respect that they deserve. If it weren’t for women, men would have blown up Planet Earth a long time ago. So treat them with common courtesy (which, sadly, isn’t as common as it used to be).
- When you tell a woman that you’re going to call her, then call her.
- Hold the door open for her. Walk over to the passenger side of the car and open it for her. Then close it when she’s safely inside.
- Pull the chair out for her when you’re getting seated in a restaurant.
- Ask for her opinion and listen to the answer.
- When you’ve had a wonderful time with her, thank her.
- If you haven’t had a wonderful time with her and you don’t want to see her again, gently tell her that, too. Don’t make her wonder if she’ll hear from you during the next week or two. That’s torture.
- Tell the truth.
- If she’s cold, let her wear your jacket.
- Treat her with respect. Treat her as you would like to be treated. Not only will you help make the world a better place, but you’ll get the Babe.
Now that, gentlemen, is dating advice that you can actually use. Although these tips might sound old-fashioned, behaving like a gentleman will increase your odds of getting the Babe you want.